Friday, October 2, 2009

Catching Up....again





Well, I haven't posted in awhile...(that should be the new blogger's motto!) so I'll hit the highlights today. It seems like I keep track of people on Facebook so much that I forget to blog lately!

I'll start with our most recent (and cutest) development...we have a dog that seems to think we are his family. Don't worry, we are not taking in another dog. A few nights ago, after dark, I looked out the window and saw Jasmine playing chase with a fluffy collie-type dog. It was surprising because she can be a real bully to other dogs. She doesn't really socialize well and has nipped at about every dog on this street at one time another...sorry to Indie, Daisy, Bugsy and the yellow lab. But there they were, playing happily for about 30 minutes before I finally got her to come inside. Well, her boyfriend came back the next night and the next night! On the third night, he got close enough for us to get a good look at him. He had been pretty skittish before that and would run away from us. He came up on the deck and let us pet him which was when Ed realized he is pretty skinny. You know where this is going right? Yes, we fed the stray dog. He must have appreciated it because he showed us how grateful he was by crying at the backdoor for awhile and then spending the whole night on our deck. I have made flyers to hang up around town and hopefully someone will claim him. I hate to call animal control because I don't think he would have much of a chance there. He seems really sweet. The boys were running around with him before school today. He isn't around today. He has probably gone into the woods behind our neighborhood to hang out but I do secretly hope he comes back tonight.

No comments: