Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bags By Me


I've been spending a lot of time with my sewing machine lately and its been really fun. I've made pjs for me and the boys, curtains, pillows and an apron. I figure if I'm going to play "Suzy homemaker" I should have a cute costume to go along with it! My latest project has been bags. It is SOOO fun! I made the one on the right first and I like it but I should have used more interfacing to make it stiffer. The one on the left is my version of an imitation Vera Bradley. It turned out pretty good for a first run and it was really easy! I bought a ton of fabric at JoAnn's last weekend and I'm getting started on version 2.0. I can't wait to show it off!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Blake said...

I am so impressed!! Maybe you should sell those at my mom's shop!! Sure wish you were here, my mom is throwing out an awesome couch that I want to recover. It was left at the new store, it looks nasty, but it could be really cute. I could use your help!----Tara

Amy said...

Wow! When do you find the time? I have a couple of projects sitting by my sewing machine, I just can't find the time to get them done. You've inspired me though. They look amazing. You do a great job! Do you take orders? :)
Amy