Sunday, January 20, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

Nolen is still playing basketball at church and he's making some improvements. He doesn't cover his ears to block the sound of the buzzer anymore, and he usually knows where to run and when to throw his hands up to block people. Dribbling and shooting are still pretty tough for him though. I guess its a good thing we are starting him early! I can tell that he is getting frustrated sometimes and doesn't try as hard as he could. Last week at practice we were shooting together and I told him that if he made a basket, I would play Super Mario Galaxy with him when we got him...and you know what?? He made exactly ONE basket! Ha!

I realized that night that my baby is turning into a boy. A frog carrying, rock throwing, dirt wearing boy. Edward was on duty all night so I was home alone with the boys. I helped Coach Ryan during basketball practice that night (which is Ed's job when he can make it). Then we went home and played video games together while Max cheered us on. And before bed, we all curled up on the couch and read some Captain Underpants!

The boys love Captain Underpants. Its full of actual toilet humor. There is a Purple Potty Time Machine, a Super Diaper Baby, and some kind of Evil Talking Toilet Villain. They are chapter books and the boys and I read about 30 pages each night and finish a book in about 4 nights. We just got a new one from the library. I don't mind the toilet humor as long as its limited to story time and brother/boy time. Plus, its fun to watch them get so excited about a non-picture book!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: