Monday, February 9, 2009

Wonderful Weekend Weather!

We had a gorgeous weekend here. This is the kind of weather you don't often get in Florida and in my opinion, its the payoff that makes sitting inside all winter worth it. For the second weekend in a row we had bright sunny days with temps in the 50s and 60s! This weekend, I took the kids and Jasmine to a trail at Dorsey Park. It was pretty fun. The boys brought their swords along. I was hoping that would make this seem more like an adventure and less like a walk. Last weekend at Sotterly the boys enjoyed walking at first but once we turned around to head home there was ALOT of complaining. We kept finding the blue trees that marked the trail - helpful since the trail was kind of hard to see. We did run into some mud issues. I thought Jasmine was going to pull me straight down a muddy hill, but I managed to walk off to the sides of the trail on the leaves and I was helped out by a few trees as well. Sadly though, Max DID fall down in the mud. It wasn't too bad, just a muddy hand and a muddy sword! But getting muddy is what boys are supposed to do right?

Defending the forest from evil!

Wouldn't you know that Jasmine found the water feature and jumped right in! There was a little wooden bridge over this creek. She walked over the bridge once and jumped in and on our way back. I let her go, she's been cooped up in the house all winter...she really did deserve a little fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: