Sunday, February 15, 2009

I didn't get a picture of Nolen checking out his Valentines. He wasn't quite as excited as Max was about them. He might have just been tired after a long day of school.

On Saturday morning, the boys woke up to find a table full of loot! I got each of the boys a squishy dinosaur, bubbles and a book. I love how the little things are still so much fun for them.

Max loved his dog from Nana. He said its name is Valentimey. How original.


After they unwrapped their presents, I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. Heart shaped PB&J for lunch and even a heart shaped pizza for dinner. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I spent ALL day Saturday in the kitchen. I made breakfast, made the pizza dough, and gave my Kitchenaid a workout! I made a triple chocolate cake...4 layers of cake, 2 layers of chocolate mousse from scratch, chocolate frosting from scratch and even a raspberry layer! It was delicious - even if it did take all day! I like this picture of the boys. They were so excited to eat their pizza - and they ate the WHOLE thing less one piece that the grown ups shared! The grown ups (Fran, Dale, Ed and myself) had a steak dinner after the boys ate. It was delicious! Ed and I decided not to try to squish into a restaurant on love day so instead we had dinner at home then went down to the BWB for a bit. We just hung out and shot some pool (Badly).

Today, Ed worked some more on the garage. The structure is all built up to the house wrap. Ed decided to the siding himself and got started on Saturday. It went slowly at first - he's never hung siding before so he was reading and figuring stuff out. Today he made a lot of progress and I even got to help him. It was really pretty fun. He did all of the measuring and cutting and I got to beat on nails with a hammer! We got one whole wall done and Ed got another wall ready to start tomorrow. I feel like I've had a productive weekend! I even did some laundry and mopped the floor today! Woo-hoo. I think I'll take tomorrow off. hehe.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

I always get soooo impressed with you at holiday times with what you do with and for your kiddos! I love the heart themed food - your pizza looks great! Your boys are still just as cute ever! We miss you guys!