Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter With the Smiths

I am getting closer to convincing Edward that holidays are FUN! He has never been a big fan and he still smirks at me when I am buying stuff for baskets or stockings, planning birthday parties or writing letters from imaginary characters that creep into our house at night. Today was no exception! I had a blast playing Easter bunny. I woke up at 5:30, which was fortuitous because it rarely happens anymore, got up and went out to hide eggs (btw it was 35 degrees this morning). Then I came inside, wrote a note to each boy from the Bunny detailing how many eggs they needed to find and where. Each boy was to find 3 eggs in the house and 12 eggs outside. They were so excited to hunt for eggs that I decided to give them a mini hunt before breakfast! I left the eggs in their bed (they are still sleeping in one bed lately) and listened a little while later when they woke up and opened their eggs! There was some debate between them about whether or not they were allowed to get up (they have an alarm clock that turns green at 6:30 to let them  know its morning time and its ok to wake up). Finally, they came in our room and Nolen read his note to us!

After that we had to go downstairs and tear open the baskets!
After tearing through the baskets, I offered to make pancakes for the boys - an offer they can't refuse. While I cooked they sat down at the table and worked in their workbooks from the Easter Bunny. I thought it was so cute! Nolen's is a really cute Cars reading book and its just right for him. Max's is Spiderman addition and subtraction.

After breakfast, the boys got dressed and headed out for an egg hunt. Unfortunately, I missed taking a picture of them before we went out. They were dressed in cute matching outfits. Oh well.  If you have spent any time around my boys, you know that they get along really well (knock on wood). We have very few fights over anything and Max is always ready to give Nolen whatever he wants. Well, the egg hunt went a little differently. They ran around the yard together so whenever one of them spotted an egg, the other would run towards it as well and it was mostly a race and a test of wills! Max nearly bowled Nolen over for one under the (new) air conditioner. Ha! I thought it was kind of funny but I did correct him for it.

Look at that dimple!

Checking out the loot!
For dinner we made a ham and had Pam and her kids over. Its always nice to have good friends over, especially when we can't be with family. I think the biggest hit of the day (aside from the candy of course) were the rocket balloons and balloon animals. I am now an expert at making deformed balloon dogs! Don't ask for a regular balloon dog because I haven't figured that out just yet. Oh, and I can do swords. Also, Stephanie, I apologize for the two rocket balloons that are stuck in your tree.

Sugar Crash! All the boys passed out while watching Tom and Jerry  after a fun filled Easter!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Happy Easter- cute pictures! I love that last one!