Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Fun!

Well, its time for my weekly post. ha! We had a wonderful weekend - spring visited on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day and we spent all of it outside! Edward worked on the garage some more, I cleared out some flower beds (although I don't think I actually planted anything. I planted some petunias last week), and the boys played. By 3 o'clock we were all ready for a nap but the fun wasn't over yet! Pam stopped by and invited us to go with her to the wooden park so we did. The boys haven't had that much fun at a park in a LONG time! They love Jayden and Gigi. Its so cute! The boys played at the park for two hours and I was the one that was ready to leave, not them. Later, I found out that Nolen held a turtle while we were there. I don't really know what that is about. I hope it was a friendly turtle!

On Sunday we walked to the Earth Day Celebration on the square. (That's right, my town has a square and I can walk to it - I love that) I think the city did a really good job of brining in activities, vendors, and local organizations with info to share. We saw some turtles, owls, greyhounds and this was really cool - a Maypole! There was a leader there teaching people how to wrap it up and it was very fun to watch.

After that we headed down the hill to the wharf and took a canoe ride. I was quite surprised that the operators could manage this but they were offering free canoe rides into the Bay. They probably had 30 canoes and kayaks and plenty of life jackets. We had a good time paddling over to a little "island" and then back around to the wharf. Oh yeah - and we also wore our matching tie dye t-shirts for the adventure! I saw a few people point at us as we walked around. It was Earth Day people - Earth Day, hippies, tie dye...plus - if one of the boys got lost it would be easy to find him again!

This morning when I came downstairs (at 6:50!!!!) this is what I found. The boys' animals were eating breakfast. Every last one of them! I've seen them "feed" their animals before, but I don't think they've ever served breakfast for 20 before. Ha!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I'm sorry I have been so bad about keeping in touch. I have been so busy with my new job and spending times with the Hubs but I am vowing to do better! We'll catch up soon- I promise!