Thursday, November 5, 2009

Field Trip, Halloween Party and Halloween

As usual I'm a week behind on the blog. Sorry blog, but my new BFF, Facebook, is taking up a lot of my computer time these days. Anyway, let's play catch up!
Last Friday Nolen's class had a field trip to Bowle's Farm. The kids had a great time and it was very well organized. The kids walked through the shorter corn maze, visited the petting zoo, went for a hayride, and watched a little video about soybeans. I was a chaperone but I was only responsible for Nolen and his friend Jacob.

Here are the pigs eating a pumpkin that the farmer threw on the ground for them.


This is Nolen's friend Jacob. Its pretty funny that both of the boys were wearing camoflauge that day.

The kids got to feed corn to the goats!


Hugging the goats.
That same day was the Halloween Party at school. We all rushed back to the school and most of the chaperones stayed to watch the Safety Walk (costume parade) and help with the party. I got some pictures of the safety walk but I didn't take any of the party in the classroom. The kids made really cute monster hands out of plastic gloves filled with hot tamales for fingernails and popcorn!

Here is Hannah the flapper.

Our next door neighbor Sarah was dressed as a diva.

Hey look its one of the Smith Brothers...I mean, one of the Mario Brothers!

And there is Max, I mean, Luigi!



Getting ready to go trick-or-treating! The boys had to take turns being Mario. We alternated back and forth and they never got upset about it!

Mario and George!



Since I convinced the boys to be Mario and Luigi, I made myself a Princess Peach costume! I used a pattern for a Cinderella dress and I think it turned out pretty good. It took me the better part of a day and in the end it probably wasn't any cheaper than buying a costume would have been but I guess it was fun!












1 comment:

Katie said...

Obviously I have also been neglecting the blogioso. FB is way more fun. I love your costumes. Especially yours :) and I love the pic where Max is jumping. Looks like he was playing part of the game.