Monday, April 12, 2010

Leonardtown Egg Hunt

The day before Easter was the Egg Hunt in Leonardtown. It was fun. The boys each got about 15 eggs and each egg had a little trinket in it. By the way, trinket is code for, "Toy that will be thrown in the trash while you are at school on Monday." Ha!
It was a beautiful day but we had some incidents. I found a tic on Max's head soon after we got there. Luckily my neighbor had a strong stomach and a pair of tweezers in his car and he pulled it out for me. Tics totally gross me out and that was a big fat one that had dug in pretty good.
Our other issue was that Max got a little too excited about the hunt and when I told him to follow me because they had called 5-year-old boys to line up, he also heard the announcer say, "ok boys, ready, set, go" and he ran out with the 4-year-old boys. DOH! I was MAD! I laid into him when he got back and told me he couldn't go with the 5 year olds now. He felt pretty bad. The only things that made me feel better about my cheating child were that, he is small for his age so maybe it wasn't as noticeable and the other fours had a head start since they were lined up and Max was back behind the ropes. He didn't get nearly as many eggs as he would have if he had gone with his group.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: