Sunday, September 23, 2007

Staying Busy in the New House

That feels like a bit of an understatement! Between teaching 6 Jazzercise classes each week, driving Nolen to post for school, keeping Jasmine out of trouble, and putting the house together, we've been keeping out of trouble! Ed has been tackling a bunch of projects around the house.
Before we moved in, he put up a mailbox and installed a doggy door. It takes a brave person to start cutting a hole in a door! More recently he installed a smarter thermostat, reran all the cable TV (no pun intended), put up a clothes rod and shelf in the boys' closet, fixed the entertainment center a little, and has more to do installing shelves in the garage and turning a closet into a pantry for me.


Meanwhile, I have tackled recovering the couch. It was Ed's idea but I'm such a control freak....It seems to be going pretty well. We'll see how it turns out. I should have taken a before picture. One of the back cushions had a huge hole in it and we had already repaired holes in the seat cushions so drastic measures were necessary.



The boys haven't been getting as much attention lately as they did this summer. I try to take them to a park a few times a week - and its been cooler lately so that has helped. Yesterday, Ed took them out to fly a model rocket. ALL of the boys loved it! This is a picture from Lake Tholocco on post. The boys LOVE the teeter totter, and even though Max chipped his tooth on it back in February, I still let him play on it. I'm such a good mom!

Ed did a bunch of yard work yesterday. We have some great plants and trees all around the yard but the back yard especially needs some TLC. HE borrowed a pole saw from the neighbor and was cutting dead branches out of trees yesterday. We have about 5 oak trees in our yard. He has also started a compost pile! We want to extend the patio and I want to screen it in, but I suppose that is more of a long term goal. I think these are Mexican Petunias.

Ed is also really proud of his roses that are growing down by the mailbox. We need to cut them way back at some point. They have been blooming lately since the trimmed them.

Well, I think that is all the news that is fit to print. Time to get dressed for Jazzercise. Another busy week begins!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

It sounds like you are really keeping busy! I love the picture of the boys on the teeter totter. Did you post a picture of your house? If so, I missed it somehow. What a brave girl to undertake covering a sofa! More power to you. I'm excited for you and your new home.
Love, Grammy

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

My, what busy little bees you have been!! :)

Couch is looking good by the way!