Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Long Time - No Post

Sorry for the big gap since the last post. Things have been extremely busy around here...let's see where should I start??

Well, the most exciting thing is that we bought a house in Enterprise! We absolutely love it. We closed 2 weeks ago and moved in this past weekend. It is MUCH bigger than our house on post was and MUCH cuter too. Ed is thrilled to have a house where he can do all the projects he wants - if only he had more time. He just started his second semester of his Masters degree in Operations Research. I don't know the names of his classes, but I do know that one of them uses Applied Linear Algebra. I took theoretical Linear Algebra as part of my math degree. It is not an easy class. He has been spending a lot of time studying, watching lectures and doing homework. What happened to all of that lazy time we had back in Alaska? Seems like we used to sit around watching the snow fall for months at a time.

Anyway, we closed on the house 2 weeks ago and then went over and had a picnic dinner on the floor.
The boys love the new house. They have a lot more room to play. Ed has already painted the boys' room. It was pink, and now its blue. He put in a doggy door for the dogs and the boys apparently (we'll get to that later), and he put in a mailbox. He is really enjoying all of it...if only trips to Lowe's were free....hmmm. I told him that he spends money at Lowe's the way I spend money at Target! That's not good!
Moving day went well. I took the kids and got out of Ed's hair. He had some great friends helping him and everything was finished in 4 hours!!! Now if only we could get everything put away that quickly! We hung out at the boat races at Lake Tholocco with Austin for awhile.


And the last bit of news for right now...

Yesterday I went to the old house to grab a few more things. I was packing up the Weber when a big fat green worm caught my eye.

(I'm working on the formatting here but enough is enough! - Oh, durr, I can edit the html...I used to be a professional! Haha)





Anyway, found a big green worm, made all of the neighbors check him out, decided to try to bring him to our new home. I have never in my life seen a worm this big! He is a half inch wide and about 4 inches long. He crawled across the ground, up my bike tire and all the way to the handle bars! His face looks like a hairy acorn to me and check out his crazy feet! The only worm that compares is Slimey. After some research, I believe he is a Luna Moth of the Giant Silkworm Moth family. Luna Moths have a wingspan of 5" to 6"!! Woah! How big is our bug house??


3 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

It's about time you posted something new! It's not like you have been busy buying a house, moving, adding a jazzercise class or anything!!!

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Me and Mommy agree with Ms. Lisa - It's about time you posted something! Ha ha ha!!!!! We just wanted to pop in and say "welcome to the neighborhood!" Even though you miss your old block, we hope you like Enterprise! Don't forget to save the date - Wednesday Sept 26th! See you later....Abby

Grammy said...

I'm really happy to read about what is going on with all of you, as I have really missed your BLOG! Congratulations on your new home. Have fun working on it. Your very own home-----nice!
Give my love to the boys (all 3).
Grammy