Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Preparations

We're getting all ready for the big day! We've been keeping very busy. Here is a quick recap....

Wednesday night we went to the fall festival at church. The boys had a blast! I had planned on setting up a table with Jazzercise info, and I did, but I left it sitting there and went and played with the boys. They had two jumparoos set up in the gym and tons of games for the kids. The boys played the bean bag toss, the duck game, find the coins in the hay, and the cake walk. Nolen won a cupcake! They had so much fun and we really hadn't even planned on going so it turned out to be a great night. This church is really great. They have some many cool programs for the kids and everyone is so nice.

These are the pumpkin shirts I made for the boys. We already had the orange t-shirts. I used black felt and sewed on the pumpkin faces. They turned out really cute. The boys were being really goofy here. I don't know if you can tell or not, but Nolen is huge! He has shot up like a weed!

Friday night we had our first fire in the fireplace. We burned some wood that Ed cut down out of our trees in the backyard. There are a lot of branches that are rotten or too close to the house and one of his projects has been to cut them down. As soon as he got them lit the boys started asking for marshmellows. They were tooooo cute to say no to, so Nolen and I jumped in the car and ran to Winn Dixie.

On Saturday we went to the Boll Weevil Festival in Enterprise. I set up a Jazzercise booth and pestered people all day long. "Have you heard about Jazzercise?" It was a wonderful day for it! I sat out there for 7 hours and it was so cool all day that I didn't realize I was getting sunburned! Oops! The boys came down and visited. We all had some fair food for lunch and the boys rode the Boll Weevil Train. It was pretty cute. Hopefully I've generated some interest for Jazzercise too.

Saturday night I took the boys to a haunted house at Fort Rucker. I wasn't too worried about it being scary since most things on post are FOR kids. You can see where this is going. We got there and the line was out the door and around the corner. We waited in line for an HOUR! The kids were great though. They ran around and played with the other kids in line. We finally got the front and Max and Nolen were high-fiving the ghoulish door man so I was thinking we were golden. Well, I was wrong. The gym was pitch black and there were about ten tents set up to walk through. We were guided into the first tent and no one was in there but there was a huge box of balloons. Being the haunted house professional that I am, I knew someone was going to pop out of there. It scared the boys to death! When we backed away from the clown that popped out, another one popped out right behind us and then another one after that. Nolen was freaked out! We went out of the tent and I couldn't convince him to go on. He was shaking but he wasn't crying. When we were leaving he told me, "I was brave, Mom, that's why I was shaking." It was still a good night. I think the boys still thought it was cool. I also think Max could have kept going. He was scared but not quite as scared as Nolen.

Last night the boys decorated some Halloween sugar cookies and today they dressed up in their costumes for Jazzercise. There seems to be a whole lot of Halloween celebrating going on this year. I'm excited to take them treak-or-treating tomorrow night too!!! Its hard to see us, but I am the Cat in the Hat, Max is Scooby Doo, Nolen is a ghost, Kim is a football player, her daughter Madison is Princess Dora, Katie is a ladybug, her daughter Ellie is a ballerina and Kathy is...well, you figure it out. I'll give you a hint, she had a black eye.


Happy Halloween!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: