Friday, February 22, 2008

This Week in Our House

I would have adorable bowling pictures to share with ya'll but when I got the camera out at the bowling alley today...there were no batteries in it. What's up with that??? Edward? Oh well. We will certainly go bowling again since it is Nolen's favorite thing to do. He doesn't seem to mind that it takes about a whole minute for his ball to make it down the lane. I finally bowled today (I usually just sneak some throws in while the boys are bowling) and threw a surprising number of gutter balls! Maybe I need the bumpers too! I also threw quite a few spares.

Anyway, I love reading other people's blog posts but I haven't been pulling my weight in the blogosphere lately so here is my contribution...

Nolen read his first two books this week! He read Fat Cat and Hot Dog from the "Now I'm Reading Starter Set". He even sounded a few words out on his own. They are excellent books for learning to read...Thank you Nana!!! Later that day Nolen and Edward had a heart to heart.

Nolen: How many books can you read?

Dad: I can read any book I want to.

Nolen: Nuh-uh, you can't read Chinese books.

He had him there!

Today in the car we had another good talk...Nolen is obsessed with the "Instrument Panel" in the van. He wants to know what the "E" and "F" are for and he tells me how fast we are going and so on.

Nolen: Mom, let's go a hundred!!!

Mom: No, that's too fast. If we go a hundred miles per hour, the police man will give us a ticket for speeding.

Nolen: Then you need to go so fast you're invisible.

Mom: Do I need to go as fast as a rocket?

Nolen: No, you can see a rocket. You have to go FASTER than a rocket.

Mom: I don't think the van goes faster than a rocket.

Nolen: You need to go as fast as a booster.

Then we had to discuss how a booster is part of a rocket, etc. He's so fun to talk to!

And on a side note...I don't know how he did it, but Max won the quiet game at school yesterday!

1 comment:

Katie said...

We should all go bowling soon. Ellie is still small enough that I can "help" her ball down the lane so it doesn't take a year.