Friday, March 21, 2008

Recording a Mommy Moment

I have to record this quick - before I completely forget what I was doing. So, this morning I am trying to get things in order for our third trip in as many weeks. The to-do list is long today my friends. Of course the most important item is doing the laundry since I can't pack our clothes until that is done. Also high on the list - removing the stickiness, crumbs and smushed french fries from the inside of the van before Oscar the Grouch decides to upgrade from his trash can to my van! Anyhoo...I went into the laundry room and unloaded the dryer to a laundry basket, moved the load from the washer to the dryer, started the dryer and went to get a basket of clothes to wash. I decided that the boys clothes would be next because they don't require sorting - just throw them all in there. They'll be cleaner than they started! As I was emptying the basket into the washer, I thought, "Hmmm...these seem to be a lot of the clothes we wore on our trip last week. I don't know why they're in the boys hamper. I don't remember putting them there. Oh well." And kudos to me, I even remembered soap! (I have forgotten to use soap before. Who ever said laundry was easy?) Then I moved on to vacuuming a spot in the boys' room to fold the clean clothes. Now for those of you keeping track, I should have TWO baskets of laundry to fold at this point but for the life of me, I can only find ONE! How many of you have now guessed where the clean basket of clothes went??? If you said, "Back in the washing machine," you're RIGHT! Congratulations! You win a prize. The prize is a broken laundry basket (The one I broke in anger now that the laundry cycle has been extended by approximately one hour).

For more mommy moments, visit Katie's blog. She has a great post about the realities of having children!

2 comments:

briy said...

Oops! :)

I love you! I tried to call you on Easter weekend, but I couldn't get you. :( Hope you had a nice one.

THE WADE FAMILY said...

HA HA HA HA! Priceless! It reminded me of my 1st "Mommy Moment" last summer when I started the H20 in the clothes washing machine in our mud room, went back to my bedroom to grab the dirty clothes pile and then walked the pile back to the laundry room to throw into the washer. About 30-40 mins. later when I heard the washer stop, I went to get the clothes. NOTHING was in the machine. I didn't know what was going on. I went back to the bedroom - no clothes. I looked everywhere. I thought I'd lost my mind. I couldn't find the clothes anywhere. I finally gave up thinking maybe I day dreamed doing laundry. HOURS later when I was preparing dinner, I opened our large garbage can (which sits next to the washing machine). I was about to throw the dirty food containers right on the pile of clothes I put in the GARBAGE CAN rather than the washing machine. I was embarrassed but then couldn't help laughing for the next 15 minutes straight. Gotta love those Mommy Moments. ;-) BWW