Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our Adventure Day

So here is a funny story...
I had assumed that we would spend today watching the local Veteran's Day Parade that happens about two blocks from our house and relaxing at home. However, yesterday, Edward emailed me and said we should consider taking a trip to DC for the day. Well, I am usually a big "no" person (thinking of Jim Carrey's new movie) but the other day we were watching Rob and Big, and I noticed something. Well, I noticed a few things, but one thing stood out in particular. Rob is always coming up with these cockamamie schemes and Big always says "yes". Every time.

Rob: I want to go the turtle races.
Big: OK, let's go.

Rob: Let's get a turtle and race it.
Big: OK, let's go.

Rob: I have an idea, let's buy a "Mini Horse" and take it home in my SUV. It can sit in your lap.
Big: OK.

So, I noticied that (a) they have a lot of fun and (b) Big always says yes. (I also noticed that (c) they waste a lot of money and make a lot of bad decisions but we're going to ignore that part for now.) So I told Ed, yes, let's go to DC!

So after a big breakfast, and a little research we were off! We found the correct Metro station this time. Took the train to the Smithsonian had some lunch and visited the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History. It was a really nice day. It was chilly all day but by about 2 o'clock it was warm enough. I didn't take many pictures as I was schlepping coats and just trying to enjoy the kids.

Max liked the Cessna. He pulled back on the throttle, then got out and inspected the propeller on the front. Then he got back in the plane and pushed the throttle in and got out to check the propeller again and decided it hadn't changed. It was neat that he was looking for it though. I guess if he had checked the aielerons he would have seen those move.

Leave it to my kids to find the only marbles in the whole place to play with!

Nolen's turn to fly.

Here is what a Max looks like after a long day of museuming.

It would have been nice to visit some of the Memorials, especially on Veteran's Day but we didn't plan that well. At least I spent Veteran's Day with my favorite Veteran. And to all of those who have served our country, "Thank You." And to all of the families who have loved ones serving overseas right now, a very special "Thank You."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: