Monday, December 1, 2008

Off to Preschool (Again)

These poor kids...I feel like they've had about ten different preschools...hopefully *fingers crossed* they can stay at Leonardtown Elementary through fifth grade! I had been asking around about preschools for Max since we got up here in August. It turns out there is a great preschool at the Methodist church right across the street from us. I put him on a waiting list back in September and I got a call from them last week. I was extra excited because lately I have been missing our little group from FUMC in Enterprise. We never officially attended church there, but I taught Jazzercise there and the kids played basketball and soccer there. The people there were so great and always made us feel so welcome. I was missing them, so it was really nice to get a phone call and get Max into this preschool! He was super excited when I told him that we found a school for him.

I met with the school director for a bit this morning, and then we walked Max down to Ms. Latyak's class. He walked right in and sat down on a square. She was holding up each child's name on a snowball and each child took their snowball and stuck it on the tree behind her. Max was no slouch and hopped right up when he heard his name. He also told me that he got to be the "train" for his job this week, and that means he is the leader (line leader). They have a playground outside and a nice, big open classroom. I think he is really going to enjoy his time there. He is so outgoing...I hope he makes a lot of friends!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love classroom's with stuff all over the walls. Just makes me feel like they're putting up as much effort to educate as possible. Boring walls make for a boring teach!