Monday, March 30, 2009

The last week or so...

We haven't been doing much lately. The weather has been pretty yucky (until Sunday) and there just hasn't been much going on. Just to keep things in chronological order, we'll start with this picture. Last Wednesday I was doing something on the computer, probably facebooking, and was just playing by himself. At 3:15 I got up to get Max and myself ready to go pick up Nolen from school. I walked past a pile of blankets on the couch and went upstairs. Max wasn't in his room. He wasn't on the first floor or the second floor. He had to be in the basement - I hoped. Upon further investigation of the pile of blankets...he was just really enjoying that 30 year old afghan! Thanks Nana! The whole family loves it! You can just barely see his little foot sticking out.

On Saturday, Ed's big project was to pour a concrete pad for the new AC that will be installed soon. We have made a hobby of buying 30 year old houses with 30 year old ACs and then replacing them in the first year. This one really needed to go. I wish I had a picture of it...I'm surprised it was still working when we moved in. He did a great job pouring the slab and he even had all the boys make their hand prints in it. That's right - only the boys. Mom was not included! What's up with that???

We didn't do anything too exciting this weekend but we had a great time. Nolen had his last soccer game of the "season". It wasn't really a season as much as it was 8 weeks of games. He had a great last game. He got to be goalie for the last half which is his favorite position. Of course the only other position is "herd runner". Anyway, he did a great job and had lots of good saves. It was a nice way to start an otherwise boring, rainy and cold Saturday. The only other cool thing we did on Saturday was have family movie night. We got to watch Bolt all together with popcorn. The boys saw it in the theater and loved it. Max has made me read the book (long version not the short version) so many times that the boys have it memorized.


The weather forecast for Sunday was thunderstorms so we started the day cleaning out the basement and we had some other boring indoor tasks on our list. However, the weatherman was a complete liar! We had the nicest day we've had in weeks. I think this is my first time wearing shorts this year. Be careful you don't go blind looking at those pale legs! Eeek! It was warm and sunny almost all day. We realized this at around 11am so I quickly threw the boys outside, finished up the necessary tasks inside and went out with them. After lunch we decided to treat ourselves to some ice cream at Bruster's (by the way, I can't go there without thinking of all of Amy's cute pictures!). Max had a free scoop coupon he earned at school for reading 10 books! It was a beautiful day for eating ice cream!


When we got home we already had supper going - beef stew for the rainy day we were suppossed to have! It worked out well though. The evening turned into one of those neighborhood hangouts. We were all sitting around chatting when I realized it was 7:00!!! We still needed to feed the kids, bathe them and get them all tucked into bed by their 8 o'clock bedtime! ha! We managed and the kids didn't get to bed too late.

And just a side note...the boys had ice cream again tonight because Nolen's reading group is reading a book called, "How to Make Ice Cream". I told him that if he did his homework without complaining, he could have ice cream for dessert tonight. The joke was on me though because his homework was only to read the first half of the book. Tomorrow night I guess he will have to read the second half and do a comprehension worksheet. I guess I'll be offering ice cream again tomorrow night. hehe
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Randy said...

Just wondering if Ed used all the concrete....I was trying to estimate the remaining amount needed based on the picture and counting the remaining number of bags....I would think there are bage left over....am I right?