Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Sessions 2 and 3!

In an effort to avoid the franticness of a freezing child who has been in the snow for too long, we broke the play day into three sessions. I couldn't tell you how long any of them lasted but I think it worked well. The kids were cold and damp footed (no snow boots, just rain boots) when they came in, but they certainly weren't miserable. We went out at around 1pm and tried to build a snowman. Unfortunately for the snow man, the kids weren't that interested and he got toppled soon after he was built. Jasmine didn't help the situation either. When Nolen added a twig for the poor snowman's arm, Jasmine pulled it out to play fetch with it. After the failed snowman, I started building a wall of snowbricks. It looks awesome but it can't stand up to anything. A good snowball can knock it down. Ha! I took a few of our toy bins outside with us and used them to make bricks just like you would use a pail to make a sand castle. (relying on the lessons I learned back in Florida) I got several compliments from neighbors and some of the bigger boys on the street were pretty impressed! They kept asking if I was going to build an igloo.

Jaydin came by to play for a bit this afternoon. The boys started out helping me with bricks but ended up throwing snowballs at anything that moved. They had a good time! Nolen thought it was especially funny to throw snowballs at me!


We went out again at around 4 and walked down to the Heath's house. They have a slight hill along the side of their house and it made a neat little sledding hill for the wee ones. It wasn't exciting but Nolen loved it. He's not much of a daredevil so this was just his speed and I didn't have to monitor things too closely. You can't get hurt going 20 feet at a crawl. ha!

And what do you do after a long day of playing in the snow? Snuggle the dog in bed of course! Jasmine is not suppossed to be in our bed, but she jumps in whenever she thinks she won't get caught. She jumps out when she hears us coming. The exception to that is if a boy is snuggling her. I guess her plan then is that we'll let her stay there because she's so cute. I wonder where she would get an idea like that!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there. Love reading your posts! You really had a lot of snow. Glad you were able to enjoy it. The pics are great.