Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!

We hadn't been doing anything too exciting lately. Its been too cold to play outside lately and we've worn out most of the local indoor activities (i.e. Target). We were just tired to winter and anxious for spring. Well, we didn't get spring, but winter has finally paid off! We had a huge snowstorm last night. It snowed for less than 24 hours and we got about a foot of snow! Last night it was pretty windy too which kind of freaked me out. Our power flickered once but it has stayed on since then. At one point last night, Ed looked out the window and said, "Oh my gosh!" He scared the poop out of me by the way he said it. I thought a tree had fallen down! He was just surprised by the amount of snow! He's so dramatic! hehe. Although, this morning, it looks like one of our neighbors trees has fallen down! I haven't gone out to investigate the size of the tree, but its a larger pine tree and it definitely isn't upright anymore!

The boys got a snow day from school. That wasn't much of a surprise when we started to see how much it was snowing last night. We told them last night before they went to bed (the school district had already called to announce that school was cancelled) and they were so excited as they made their plans for playing in the snow! The schedule went something like...get up, eat breakfast, play in the snow, come in and have hot chocolate, eat lunch, go out and play, come in for hot chocolate...you get the idea! Those half price snow pants I bought for Nolen are finally getting used! I wasn't optimistic enough to buy snow boots so they're making due with rain boots! Knock on wood but so far so good!

The boys got a snow day, but Ed did not. First he tried digging out his little Mazda. He managed to get it down the driveway but the snow plows had left a pile of snow at the edge of the road and he couldn't get past it...we also don't have a snow shovel. Next he tried Dale's white truck that we are borrowing from her. That plan also failed. The van was the only vehicle that made it out of the driveway today! ha! I guess the boys and I really ARE snowed in!

Maybe we'll get around to making a snow man or a fort this afternoon. I tried this morning, but the boys kept jumping on whatever large snowballs I was trying to make. I think the snow wasn't sticking to itself very well either. Maybe I'll take some water out with us this afternoon. Tara says it works great. ha!

No comments: