Monday, October 27, 2008

Bowle's Farm

Well, we finally made it to the corn maze! I've been putting it off, partly because it costs $10 per person, but I knew I wanted to go. Its a big deal around here and the thing is HUGE! Check out this picture.

This year's maze is a picture of one of the lighthouses around here...not sure where exactly it is. Anyway, we only did half of the maze because we had the kids with us. They had a great time and we only got a little lost. I think it would be fun to go in there by myself and just run around as fast as I could to try and find a way out. I might even like running if I could do it in a corn maze! ha!

They also had tons of stuff set up for the kids. In the end, we decided it was worth the $10. There was a wagon ride pulled by a tractor that Jasmine was terrified of. She nearly pulled her collar off trying to run away from it. They also had a barrel train that the boys rode, a "corn box" instead of a sand box, a petting farm with pigs, sheep, goats and bunnies and a couple of straw mazes for the kids. After we had our fun, the boys explored the pumpkin patch in search of the perfect specimen. There were quite a few green pumpkins which I've never seen before. Max wanted a green pumpkin but Nolen didn't. We settled for what Nolen called, "The biggest pumpkin ever!"

No comments: