Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend at Home

We stayed close to home this weekend and even though we didn't do much, we seemed to keep busy. Saturday morning I taught Jazzercise and made yet another Lowe's trip - we're doing our part to support the economy! Saturday afternoon we went over to the Lara and Jeff's house for her baby shower. The boys love to play with her little boy Logan who will turn three this month. We had a great time at the party...the men sat around outside drinking beers and talking about farts - I'm not kidding, that really happened. And the girls sat up on the deck talking about kids, vacuums and irons, and the best way to remove a ketchup stain. OK, not really, we just chit chatted. hehe

Safety First! Always were your helmet when you're riding a motorcycle, even if it is on rockers!

I love how the neighborhood kids run around together. This is Logna's play set but he's not in the picture. He was probably upstairs with Gigi (a little 4 year old girl in the neighborhood). Spencer is the boy on the swing thing. We bought our house from him, well, his mom and dad! Jadyn (sp?) is six and he's standing next to Nolen. And the beer bottles are left from the men. I promise the kids didn't drink any beer!

The baby shower morphed into a fire pit event. Ed and Evan are splitting wood and Max is helping to carry it upstairs!

Ed finally got the fire going with Jason's help. I won't tell what happened BEFORE this!
A nice fire! My contribution was the smore's fixin's. I don't want to know how many marshmellows the boys ate that night! Nolen was roasting five at a time! Also, Logan has a sandbox and the boys spent several hours in it. They manage to fill up beer bottles with sand and use a corn cob pipe that belonged to one of the guys as a shovel (and lost it but it was found later). I knew the boys were sandy but we didn't walk home til about 9 o'clock so there was no way I was going to give them baths. Let's just say they fell asleep in my bed while I was reading a book to them and I had to wash all of our sandy sheets the next day!

We considered going to Ikea or the National Zoo on Sunday but we got an even better surprise! A visit from Grammy and Aunt Dale! Grammy still isn't feeling well but hopefully something will turn up in the tests that are being run this week. We didn't tell the boys that Grammy and Dale were coming so they had a fun surprise! Dale missed her calling as a Kindergarten teacher! She has so much patience and I love listening to her explain things to the boys. She is the opposite of Nolen's first preschool teacher that talked to him so fast he would just stand there staring at her like she had two heads. And of course, since Grammy was in town, Ed and I hit the BWB for dinner! Woop woop! Thanks for visiting Grammy and Aunt Dale!

2 comments:

The Consumer Queen said...

Yum smores! Sounds like you guys had fun!

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

I'm sorry to hear that Fran is still not feeling well! Please tell her I'm thinking of her! It looks like you guys are really enjoying your new neighborhood- I am very happy for you!