Monday, June 23, 2008

5 Things I Haven't Blogged Yet

Sorry, I know I haven't blogged in a week but its been pretty quiet around here. Edward was in Huntsville last week for a Chinook conference and the kids and I were just hanging out. This is our last week with Ed before he takes off for his new job in MD. He isn't "working" this week just running errands to clear post and stuff. It will be nice to spend time all together before he goes to start his new job but it throws me off to not have a real routine. Its ok though, its just one week! Here are some of the highlights of the last week.

1. I found a lump in my breast a couple of weeks ago and had it checked out Monday and an ultrasound Tuesday. The radiologist said it was just breast tissue AND he called me skinny so it turned out to be a good day on Tuesday. hehe I was nervous about it but not really scared. I should be low risk (nursing kids, no maternal history of breast cancer) and my Grammy has had several lumps removed. It was a relief to get that over with. When we got to Flowers Hospital in Dothan, I told Nolen that he was born there. He told me, "Mom, I didn't like getting born." (This made me think of Jennee) I asked him why and he said it hurt. I told him that the doctor didn't do anything to him. He asked, "oh, just to you?" I said yes and then he decided he didn't mind getting born.

2. Max wants me to buy him some "cokaly coco muffs" cereal. He saw them on TV and they make everything chocolate! He asked me how much they cost and he wants to go to the store and buy them! Ha!

3. I wish my camera battery had not been dead the day we counted all of the money in the boys' crayon bank. Nolen saw a kid playing Lego Indiana Jones on a DS at the doctor's office and he wanted the game for the Wii.
Mom: It costs $50 and you doesn't have a birthday coming up.
Nolen: I have ten thousand monies in my piggy bank.
Mom: I don't think you have 10,000 dollars. If you do, I want to borrow it! hehe!!
We came home and I had the boys sort all the coins. Then I explained that four quarters make a dollar so Nolen started making stacks of four quarters and counting how many dollars he had. He was getting SO excited! In the end, he had enough to buy the game, which we did and he loves it! It IS a pretty cool game. We also watched Raiders of the Lost Ark on TV and it was cool because the game follows the movie pretty well and Nolen liked watching it. Don't worry, he was asleep by the super scary end!

4. We made Daddy a Chinook cake before he came home on Thursday. It looked better before I iced it. haha! I got lazy and didn't go to Wal-Mart to get black licorice for rotor blades and a red gummy bear (ed's call sign was Red Bear 22) but it still came out all right. I'm slowly getting better at the cake thing.

5. Nolen told me he wanted a wall of his bedroom painted green so that he could draw on it like at the Byrd Nest. He wanted a chalkboard wall. I told him we might be able to do that at the new house but until then, I got out my giant white board. I bought it in college to do math problems on - see I was saving paper and being green way back then!! Anyway, the boys have had a blast drawing, doodling and writing words on it. I decided it would be fun to play Pictionary Jr with the boys but Wal-Mart didn't have it so I made it. It wasn't fancy but the boys LOVED it! It kept their attention longer than ours! Max and I did most of the drawing. Max drew a snake, Mickey Mouse, grapes, and pizza to name a few. Nolen drew Lightning McQueen, and broccoli. It was a lot of fun!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

i meant to tell you last night that i was scared to read your #1 part of this blog. but i'm thankful everything's ok and it's just tissue or what have you. ;-)

Amy said...

Looks like you guys have been busy, but having fun. Glad to hear the whole hospital thing worked out okay. By the way your chinook cake is adorable. I love the lego wheels! Good luck during this transition. By the way, Alden was talking about going back to Max and Nolen's on the way back from the doctor yesterday.
Talk to you soon.
Amy

The Allan Family said...

HE REMEMBERED! See, I'm not totally nuts!:)
(don't ask my family they might disagree with me)