Sunday, June 29, 2008

Memememememe Time!

Meme time.
I was tagged for a meme by Katie at House of Payne!



I've never actually been tagged for a meme before, so this will be fun.



1) LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER. Kung Fu Panda with Ed and the kids. It was really funny and we had a great time. I can't wait to take the kids to see Wall-E!

2) WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Luckily, I AM reading a book, although I went about 6 months without touching one! Charming Billy. Its ok, I'm more than halfway into it and I'm still waiting for something significant. I don't really know where its going. I also read House of Sand and Fog recently. That book was awesome!


3) FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Trivial Pursuit because I have to think too hard to play Scrabble.

4) FAVORITE MAGAZINE? People I guess or Newsweek.

5) FAVORITE SMELLS? (I stole this from Aubrey) LAUNDRY! There is nothing better than those rare days when it is cool enough to open the windows and you're doing laundry and the fresh smell from the dryer exhaust comes inside. I love it! Also, gotta go with Cilantro. yum!

6) FAVORITE SOUNDS? When I was in high school, I loved the sound of Sebastian's claws on the rocks in The Little Mermaid. When my kids were younger it was the sound of them "talking".

7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Funny answer: bikini wax (haha it really wasn't that bad - considering!). Real answer: Disappointing someone you love.

8)WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE UP? Mmmmm, coffee. And blogging!

9) FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? Subway. They're $5 footlongs worked. I hadn't been there in years and I've been 3x this month.

10) FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? There are no more children in our future...how about a future dog's name? I've always liked Daisy. If we had had a girl, her middle name would have been Cynthia for my mom. My middle name is my Grammy's name...

11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—"IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’d…This one is really hard. One thing I would love to have though is my whole family nearby...maybe we could all live on a ranch in North Carolina or something - each group in his own house - but close enough to visit and help each other out. Hey, while we're at it, we could grown our own food and maybe have some cows and chickens!

12) DO YOU DRIVE FAST? Fast enough to get a speeding ticket but not fast enough to be noticed (knock on wood).

13) DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Not usually but last night Max started to sleep in my bed and he left Pluto and Eagle (another dog) in there so last night I did.

14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? Cool. I love to open a window while its raining and I really missed thunderstorms while we were in Alaska.

15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? An '88 bright blue Formula Firebird with T-tops. I was way cooler than I thought I was. hehe. What were my parents thinking giving me that car to drive when I was 16??? Lucky for them I was a very well behaved and responsible teenager. Right Mom? Dad?

16) FAVORITE DRINK? Diet Coke

17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…Time I have, its money and childcare I need. hehe If I had childcare and the will I would go back to work - teaching. But I'm afraid that between leaving my kids, paying for childcare and still trying to come home and clean and cook and love everyone, it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe when one or both of them start school.

18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? Gotta clean my plate but I prefer the florets.

19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Just the other day I was thinking it would be fun to at least get some highlights. I would dye it blonde again if it didn't take so long to get it back to my natural color.

20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN.
North Fort Myers, FL
Orlando, FL
Enterprise / Fort Rucker, AL
Fairbanks, AK
(That's an awfully short list for 6 1/2 years in the military!)

21) FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football and gymnastics!

22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Katie you are super sweet and you crack me up. I wish our kids had more in common so we could hang out more - Barbara I think I'm jealous of you! hehe

23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? Good thing I got this question today and not a week ago because I finally cleaned it out and vacuumed! Still, a good bit of dog hair, a box of winter gear/clothes, probably a bunch of hair ties that have fallen down while I'm sleeping.

24) WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? Heck yes!

25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? Definitely a morning person (if I have coffee). The other night, Ed and I went to bed at 9:30!

26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? Only sunny side up if its part of Eggs Benedict. Yumm-O!

27) FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX? On a typical day, I like to shower after Jazzercise and lay on my bed doing a crossword puzzle usually til I fall asleep. I have to be in my bedroom because I'm hiding from the kids! Ha! But my REAL favorite place to relax is Aunt Linda's lake house. There is something about that place that makes Edward and I so lazy and drowsy and chilled out. I LOVE it!

29) FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Depends on my mood. I just love ice cream! Especially vanilla with a brownie and chocolate sauce!

30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? Hmmm...not Tara, maybe Amy or Lisa?

Tag- you're it!
Brittany (my sister) at Brittany in Korea
Lisa at Sweet Home Alabama
Tara at Blake's Place
Amy at Adam, Alden and Adalee
Chell at About a Bear
Jennee at The Allan Kids
My Dad at Camp House Project

4 comments:

Katie said...

Very interesting! Thanks for playing.

Blake said...

What!!!! HMMMM.... not Tara :)

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Hey...you're answers were great. I loved the part about how time you had but lack the money and childcare - DITTO! (Except for the days when I don't have the time! ha ha!) Anyhoo...in answer to your question on mine: I was physically typing in Eric's answers but he was standing over my shoulders telling me what to type. I obviously came up with my own answers. And both of us kind of collaborated on Abbers answers. It was fun. I wish I could "tag" it to others but I'm not that computer literate! ;-)

And speaking of time....I'm totally free tomorrow at 9 AM! Wonder if there's anything I could go do after I take Abbers to school?????

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Where oh where is #28?