Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The countdown is on! Well, it has been for awhile now but I'm finally posting about it. Here are some stats....

45 Cubic feet of toys packed (disgusting isn't it?)
4 Wardrobe boxes packed
41.5 Cubic feet of crafts packed (I miss them already and the boys beat me by one box!)
3 Trips to Goodwill (hopefully) today because I wussed out and didn't have a garage sale
1 Bathroom down, 1 bathroom to go...
2 Fish gone (I don't know where to exactly, but I told the boys that we gave them to Ellie)
1 Fish tank, empty (thanks Gail)
98 dollars counted by Coinstar from the boys piggy bank! I told them they could split the money - I honestly thought it would come out to $20, not $98!!!

And a hilarious (but I admit gross/weird) story about this...the boys' room is almost completely packed. I hadn't packed up their piggy bank, Tonka truck chair and a few toys that they have spread around the house. So, today they were playing with one of the few "toys" around...their piggy bank. I gave them each a bag and asked them to empty their bank told them we would take it to Coinstar later. They spent about an hour playing games with the money, counting some of it, etc. Then I heard a jingle-jingle-jingle, jumping and Nolen saying, "oh, mine fell out!" I was afraid of what I mind find. Any guesses here??? The boys were putting coins in their underpants and jumping around!!! I contained my laughter long enough to be horrified and told them that was not ok! That's one of those lines you never think you'll have to use, "It is not OK to put money in your underpants!"

Yeah, it would be pretty boring around here without those boys to entertain me! HA! Today I need to pack our suitcases for the trip, do up some laundry, empty and clean my bathroom...and mow the grass maybe? Tonight I'm going up to Montgomery to pick up Edward from the airport! Yay! I've really missed him! It will be so nice to have him back. I just wish we could have a day together relaxing as a family. Instead we'll be organizing the van and moving to the hotel tomorrow. The packers come Wednesday, they will load the truck on Thursday and we'll clean the house on Friday. On Saturday our renters are moving in, (Yay!) and we will roll out of Enterprise for good. I'll be sad to go. We've really made Enterprise our home this time. I'll miss the small town-ness and all of the wonderful friends we've made here. I'll miss the smell of roasting peanuts, the beautiful trees, the Boll Weevil (make fun of it if you want to, but I'm gonna miss it!), boiled p-nuts, our strawberry farm we like, Lake Tholocco, the pool, the big park, you know, all of our cool hangout spots!

But most of all, I will miss my Jazzer girls! Ya'll have been not only been great friends to me and to each other, but you really gave me a reason to get up and get going most mornings. Jazzercise with you guys gave me day structure and held me accountable. It kept me busy on days when I may have decided to stay on the couch being lazy. I have missed it so much these last few weeks. Sure, I was the instructor, but I don't workout by myself (as evidenced by the last month). You girls have been so faithful! We were a small but mighty group of Jazzers and I just want to say Thank You! It was wonderful to see you all each morning, catch up with you (my captive audience that had to listen to all my dumb stories and see every single thing I ever sewed!) I have joked that I will miss ya'll in MD when I can't remember the next move and Katie, and Kathy and Barbara and Kim aren't there to help me, but you guys know its more than that! Keep Jazzing girls!

3 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

It's sooooo sad to think that you're actually leaving. Just so you know, I'll still stalk your blog, um, I mean read your blog! ;-) But honestly, I was just telling Eric last night that your class was awesome for me too. I know a lot of people but didn't really have any girl friends my age and you all made me so happy! (Even when I was in the zone I was still happy - ha!) I just do not get this whole army-move thing at all. I don't like it one bit! Even if he's out of the army! ;-) But I do like that you had a good time in Enterprise. You were just so much fun and full of spunk. I thought you rocked as a Jazz teacher ( honestly - you're great) and as a friend, well, you can't ask for much more! And I wish I could have 1/2 the energy of crafting that you do. I loved seeing the boys' shirts, the new bags, even the Jazzer ornaments to tie the shirts with. And your boys are not only 100% adorable but so smart! I hope Abby will be like them! (Especially the saving $98 part!!!! But not so much the shoving it in the underpants part! Ha!) Anyhoo...I'm rambling. I just hope you know that you ARE loved and WILL be missed. I hope you have a smooth move and arrive "home" safely. We love you...Barbara (and Abby)

Katie said...

It won't be the same here in Boll Weevil-ville without you :(

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Did you leave without saying goodbye??? ;(