Friday, August 29, 2008

Settling In!

Well, I'm finally posting to you from our very own house in Leonardtown, Maryland! Yeah!!! We closed on Monday, the movers unloaded on Tuesday, I threw a fit on Tuesday night in the middle of the chaos and now things are settling down. We still have a lot to do, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel of boxes! Here are some highlights from the week...

  • I taught three Jazzercise classes at the Pax River Jazzercise Center. The first one was rough and it didn't help that my iPod was on shuffle for the whole class and I didn't know it. But the next two classes went well and the class owner said she got compliments from the customers on me - so that's good!
  • Nolen and Max already have friends in the neighborhood! Sarah lives next door and is 6 years old, Jadeyn (sp) is 6 and lives 2 houses down, there is also a little girl named Katie but I don't know much about her yet. Wednesday night I was unpacking boxes upstairs when Sarah and Katie walked in! I guess that's how things go around here! Haha! I'll have to get used to that! Ms. Berta never let herself into our house in Enterprise! hehe!
  • The NEX sells Vera Bradley!!! Holy Cow! Look Out! They seem to be about 20-25% off and of course, no tax!
  • As soon as I unpack my computer (I'm on Ed's laptop now) I'll email all our new contact info.
  • The dogs have been at Fran's all week. She is bringing them back this weekend - which is good, but I've enjoyed walking out the door without kicking at the dogs to get them to stay in!
  • Knock on wood, Nolen hasn't been complaining about school as much this week. And, he has brought home some great papers where he has traced and copied all of the color words. I hope he's in the top reading group or my heart will be broken. I'm such a bad mama!
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Ed is moving boxes around. I can't resist the urge to go check on him. I have to make sure that he's not bringing boxes from the garage into the house that I already moved out of the house into the garage. hehe I see a garage sale in our future. Ugh!

4 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Glad to hear that you are getting settled in now and congrats on teaching 3 classes already- I'm impressed! I've yet to find a job and that is kind of bumming me out but I need to enjoy the time with kiddos while I still can!

Katie said...

Congrats! Glad ya'll are in and the neighborhood sounds great. We miss ya'll!!!

Amy said...

Glad to hear all is well for you guys. Sounds like your jumping in with both feet. Good luck with the unpacking. I hate the thought of all those boxes :) Talk to you soon.
Amy

THE WADE FAMILY said...

hey hey hey - you'll learn to love the neighborhood where people just drop in on you without you even knowing they're in the house - ha ha! GO BUY DEADBOLTS now, they'll be your best home improvement ever, ha ha! Just kidding. I love moving places where you have awesome neighbors - it makes life much more enjoyable. And sounds like Jazzing up there is going great. Have a fun week...we're back from the beach and are getting ready to head to my Grams' house for the rest of this week. See, when I'm not in court, I'm not in town - so I really wasn't just skipping out on jazzing! ;-)