Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Good News, The Bad News and The Bright Side...

So, what would you like to hear first? (It makes more sense if I start with the bad news, so here goes) We drove home from FL on Monday and got home around 7 o'clock. It was pretty warm in the house and at first, I thought the thermostat wasn't set right. I adjusted it, unpacked the car, vacuumed the family room, started some laundry and sweated! Wow, I didn't know I was working that hard! Well, I wasn't, the A/C was out. After some checking and consulting with my handyman (my Dad) it was decided that we needed to call the experts. Long story short, we had a very hot day of waiting on Tuesday and at 5 o'clock the experts determined we would need to replace the A/C.

Now for the good news...Edward has the best Aunt and Uncle in the world! I re-packed the car and we left here at 6 o'clock to stay at the lake house until the A/C was fixed. I honestly don't know how people lived here before A/C!!! It was miserable! We made it to the lake house at about 8:30 and the boys were already asleep so I carried them upstairs and relaxed in the A/C! We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 days at the lake! The boys are getting really good at swimming with their noodles. Yesterday I even convinced Nolen to let go of his noodle and count to five while he treaded water and he did it! Yay Nolen! Jasmine had a blast jumping in the lake to fetch sticks, and I was able to read another great book. Seriously, I don't think I would ever read if it weren't for the lake house. I read the book Mrs. Kimble in two days. I highly recommend it, I couldn't put it down! I love the lake house. We had a great time and thanks to Linda and Neil (again) for letting us stay there!

And now for the bright side. Thank goodness we hadn't rented our house already when the A/C went out. I think that would have been a mess! I even had the thought, while I was sweating on Tuesday, that if I was renting this house, I would be having a hissy fit to go this long without A/C. Funny, how its so different when you OWN the house...there is no one to blame, just zoloft to get you through it. ha!

So, now we're back home and getting back into a routine. Today will be super busy with chores and grocery shopping. Hopefully I can get some boxes and start packing on Monday. Oh! I almost forgot, that's the other news! We have a contract on a house in Leonardtown, Maryland! If everything goes as planned, we should be driving up there on August 16th and 17th so that Nolen can start school on August 20th at Leonardtown Elementary. We won't get to move into the house until the following week though.

And one last thing...Edward is sailing with some new friends in the Governor's Cup Race today! Its an overnight race from Annapolis to St. Mary's City. I hope he's having fun and maybe we'll get him to post something about it tomorrow!

No comments: