Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update from Richmond

Well, things are going better than they were on Friday! I'll start with the good stuff...we came down to Richmond on Friday after school/work. Ed's mom, Fran, lives here and its been a wonderful weekend. First of all, the dogs are at her house (thnak you thank you thank you!) Second, we have had a babysitter which means that Ed and I could get a free minute to finish a conversation! In fact - last night, we had a full fledged DATE! It was a lot of fun! We went out with Stephanie, one of the teachers from Fran's school, and she is a HOOT! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I even managed to spit my gum straight out of my mouth! First we stopped at the Capital Ale House (77 beers on tap and Ed convinced me to do a Washington Apple shot), then we had Indian food for dinner, stopped for coffee since my bedtime is now earlier than the kids, and tried to find a cool bar to hang out at. It took three tries to find one that actually had people to watch but when we finally did it was worth it. There was some good people watching to do there! Overall, an A+ date night!

Today we are going to visit Dale's Aunt Joe. She is in an assisted living facility and she always sends the boys cards a dollar each for holidays and such but she has never met them! I hope she really gets a kick out of them.

Now for some quick backtracking...

Nolen loves school. He walks right onto the bus each day with no whining or anything. His official party line is still that he doesn't like Kindergarten because its too long and he gets tired. I hope he stops saying it because it bugs me and he really does like it. He has a half hour of recess, he tells me what number they put on the calendar each day, and he tells me what they have for lunch. Due to some first day confusion and trying to pack a lunch out of a hotel room, he has been buying his lunch this week. I really like his teacher and I can't wait to see what kinds of work he starts to bring home as the year progresses!

On Thursday I felt settled enough to venture out to the Pax River Jazzercise Center! Yeah! Its gorgeous! She has a spot in a brand new mini-mall or office park or something. Pergo floors, all new tubes, weights, mats, and balls, sounds system with iPod dock, childcare room for 3 classes per day and even a computer for the class manager to sign people in. Its awesome! Starla is the class owner and she immediately asked me when I can teach! Ha! I guess a lot of her girls are out of town and she has to pick up the slack because she owns the classes. She was on her 9th class of the week!!! I wasn't prepared to teach that day and lets face it, Momma is out of shape, but I am teaching on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week. It should be fun! Wish me luck!!!

We had some other events last week (fender bender, mortgage company being stupid, etc.) but I don't even want to think about all that balogna right now! So if you want to hear about it, you'll just have to wait!

Tonight we'll go back to MD and leave the dogs here so that we can stay somewhere better than the Super 8! Monday afternoon we close on the house and Tuesday our household goods should be delivered. If they aren't delivered on Tuesday my head might explode - not pretty - so keep your fingers crossed!!! Maybe by the end of the week I can be posting from my very own living room!!!!

Hope ya'll are doing well! Miss you, love you!

1 comment:

briy said...

Hey girly,

thanks for the update. :) Dad and I were just talking about you, hoping things were on the upswing. Sounds like they are.

date night, huh? you lucky girl. Hope this week goes smoothly, and your next post is from your very own living room.

love ya,
bc