Friday, January 16, 2009

Arts and Crafts!

We went to Ikea about three weeks ago and bought desks for the boys and I. Finally, the hobby lobby is starting to take shape! Its still kind of a mess. I need to make some tough choices about books to donate, the funny Army desk that we used for awhile, and the pub table. I love my pub table but it just doesn't work in this house. I had a nightmare a few weeks ago that Edward was making us move again. I swear, I'm not moving! We have bought furniture! I have unpacked boxes that haven't been unpacked in three years. I have painted. I've made curtains! This is the end of the road! And while the hobby lobby isn't pretty, it is organized well enough that I was able to throw together some "Crazy socks" for Max's crazy sock day. The boys and I literally did this craft in twenty minutes - start to finish! I love finally having our desks on the same floor and in the same room as our craft supplies! Hooray! And did I mention, that I am settled and I'm not moving!?

Hobby Lobby

I think the idea of crazy sock day was actually to wear mismatched socks - but since all of the boys' socks are white, that wasn't going to work for us. (Although, Kim might point out that I brought Max to Jazzercise with mismatched socks one day - by mismatched, she meant that they were two different kinds of white crew socks. They were the same from the ankle up - good enough for me. ;-) Love you Kim!)
Anyway, I got the bright idea to take an older pair of socks and glue a bunch of silly stuff on them! Max designed the left one and Nolen designed the right one. I did most of the gluing and glittering - not ready to let them use fabric tack - too permanent!


How cute is that? And yes, I did send him to school with his pants rolled up!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the socks. And I am seriously jealous of the Hobby Lobby. One day I too will have a craft room. I dream big!