Sunday, January 4, 2009

At the JumpYard

After a few longish days at home, I wanted to get out of the house. I also thought it would be smart to begin weening Nolen away from the Wii and the PS3 since he will go back to school on Monday. I thought about taking them to see a movie but the theater here is kind of a bummer - especially since you're still paying $8 for a matinee! Luckily, our friend Lara had the genious idea to go to the Jump Yard! I wasn't completely sure it would live up to its Orlando counterpart that we visited in July - but it was great! There were plenty of things to bounce on, it wasn't too crowded and it very clean. They even had free WiFi so I got to sit there Facebooking on my iPod Touch. hehe! The boys had a great time. They were so sweaty and kept going to get drinks of water. It was exactly what we needed yesterday!



^ Stopping for a rest.
Look at that smile!

I even snuck into a few bounce houses myself! Why do kids get to have all the fun???

After the Jump Yard, I needed to pick up a few things at the Commissary since we were all the way out there. Nolen started pouting and saying he didn't want to go. I told him that if I had to tell him to stop pouting again, I would take 30 minutes of video game time away from him. That did it! On went the smile! He even made me a list while we were driving there and kept track of stuff for me while we were shopping. The boys were so good and fun in the store that I bought a package of Starburst at the checkout for us all to share! I don't usually do that but we really did have fun in the store. Nolen kept asking me what else we needed so he could write it on his list and as I put stuff into the cart, he would check it off. Have I mentioned that I love these kids???
Posted by Picasa

No comments: