Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pax River Air Expo

When I was little my parents would drag my sister and me to the air show in Punta Gorda (seemed like every year). Well, nothing says to the kids, "I love you," like carrying on a family tradition! Ha! The only thing I really remember about those air shows was that I was hot and there was a lot of walking and I couldn't usually see whatever I was suppossed to be watching. Some of it was cool, the smoke trails, the Golden Knights and of course the Blue Angels! I guess as a kid you don't really appreciate that stuff as much as the grown ups.

Anyway, on Saturday we took the kids to the Pax River Air Expo. Edward (who doesn't like big events with crowds) was super excited after having watched the Blue Angels practicing over his office in the days before the show. The kids had a hard time walking around and watching the planes at the same time but they did better after we found a spot to sit.


The only problem with that was that Max quickly zonked out! They had been up very late the night before. He slept through most of the Blue Angels performance - noise and all!!!

My Dad, Suzanne and her daughter Jessica came up for a visit and went to the show with us. The boys had a blast with them. Max said he was showing Jess the "I love you" sign because he loves her. And Nolen cried the night before Grandpa had to leave because he didn't want him to go. (I actually suspect this is a developmental thing with him. Lately he gets upset when Grammy leaves too and he tries to lock Ed in the bedroom in the morning so he can't leave for work. I think he is just trying to control his environment or something...?)

I love this picture of all my favorite boys!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

The last pic is super cute!