Sunday, May 17, 2009

Star Date 20090514

Just a short update this weekend...

Thursday was Max's last Show and Tell Day at his school. (His last day of school is this coming Friday) Thursday morning he told me this is what he had chosen for show and tell! I think he was holding about 6 dogs!!! I told him he had to choose just one but he had a hard time. He told me that Eagle and Pongo love each other and don't like to be apart....etc, etc. In the end, he chose to take Valentinesy to school and I think she was ok going by herself. Ha!

On Thursday afternoon I took the dogs to the vet. Bugsy rides in his kennel because otherwise his fur gets everywhere. Jazzy is pretty good in the car and usually just lies on the floor of the van. However, Thursday when she jumped in, she jumped straight into Nolen's seat. It was so cute!

Friday was Max's field trip to the Southern Comfort Berry Farm. It was a nice day - overcast but warm enough and it never did rain. The kids got to see some cows and chickens before they went to pick berries. Here is Mrs. Richie holding a chicken upside down!

And of course, a picture of Max picking berries. The field was certainly cleaner than the Country Best Farm in Enterprise but I still prefer that farm to this one. It made me miss our farm in Enterprise! They were so nice there and I just loved feeling like I was really picking berries on a working farm. This farm seemed to cater to field trip groups. They had a playground and a straw bale maze with trikes and kids pedal tractors set up which the kids enjoyed. They didn't seem to be growing anything else besides strawberries though.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: