Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vacation Update Part Three

We've been having a blast in FL this week. Monday we will head home. Its a good thing we've had this chance to relax because its about to get hectic! I need to have a garage sale on Saturday (if ya'll have anything you want to sell, PLEASE bring it on over and sell it and keep me company!), get an estimate from the movers, start packing, organize the stuff we want to leave at this house, and the stuff we will move in the van, put out the"FOR RENT" sign, get Nolen's MD school physical form completed, work on transferring my Jazzercise franchise, mow the grass (its probably about a foot tall)...oh, sorry. I guess you probably don't want to read my To-Do List.

Back to the reflections on the last few days...
I left our Wii in Naples and had asked Dad to meet us halfway for dinner so we could pick it up. But when I started thinking about how much fun the kids had at the beach on Monday evening, I decided to go ahead and drive all the way to Naples and make a day of it. The boys had a blast AGAIN! The Gulf is usually pretty calm, but perhaps it is Hurricane Dolly that has things all stirred up. There were pretty good sized waves out there and the boys loved it! Thank goodness Brittany came with us so we could each hang onto a boy in the waves. It was AWESOME! The boys had so much fun that neither one of them ate the sandwiches I packed for lunch. I have some really pretty pictures too, but my card reader pooped out so I'll have to wait til I get home to transfer them from the camera.

After the beach we went to Dad's house to shower and regroup. Suzanne's brother, Stan, and his family are in town from Denver so we got to see them and meet their kids. I first met Stan and Cynthia when we went skiing with Dad and Suzanne TEN YEARS AGO! I can't believe its been that long! Now they have five year old twin girls! The four kids were so funny playing together. I kept joking that these kids are about the closest thing the boys have to cousins for right now. The kids played well together. The girls were definitely running the show. Kinsey was the Mom, Riley was the babysitter and the boys were the babies. It was funny to see how differently boys and girls choose to play. If Nolen had been in charge, the girls would have been Princess Peach and Rosalina and Nolen and Max would have been Mario and Luigi! haha!

(I know this is a long post. I don't blame you if you have already quit reading!)
Saturday we got to hang out with Nana all day! She is so cute and had lots of fun things planned to do with the boys. First they got to paint treasure chests with these cool squeeze and brush paints. Then Nana cooked Nolen's favorite meal, chicken on the bone (fried chicken). After lunch we all went swimming in the little pool, then they baked and decorated cupcakes! What a busy day! Nolen tried to impress Nana with his video game skills, but she wasn't too interested. We DID get a belly laugh from her during the Rabbids game when the Rabbids are talking on their cell phones in the movie theater!

2 comments:

Katie said...

We miss ya'll!! Call us when you get back.

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

So, I take it you guys found a house?? We have soo much catching up to do! See you soon!