Thursday, September 4, 2008



Edward is my hero! He rescued my pictures from my camera! Hooray! So, some of these pictures need a little more explaining than the caption size allows...

The lake house picture is from the week that our AC was out in Alabama. I was so relieved to be in a relaxing place with AC and to see Max racked out! I'm sure this was taken after a few hours of swimming! We will definitely miss Linda, Neil and the lake house!

The next picture is from the last time the boys got to play with Austin at Fort Rucker. We met at the pool on post and the boys had fun swimming. Every hour, the lifegaurds call "Adult Swim" and make the kids leave the pool. During one of the adult swims, the boys were investigating the tiki bar. While they were over there, a man started making duck call noises. The boys thought the tiki was doing it. They would get scared and run away and then get curious and go back. It was hilarious to watch!

We scheduled our movers to come on August 13th, which is also Max's birthday. Sorry Max! In all of the chaos, he really got cheated! We only managed to take him out for pizza and dessert on his birthday. And he got exactly one present. But bless his heart, Max was happy with that! I LOVE that kid! I can't believe he's four!

I didn't have the guts to chot down the dead pine tree on my own, so Ray the tree guy did it for us. That was fun to watch!

The next picture is of Nolen on his first day of school. I drove him from the Super 8 to our new house where we met up with the kids that were living here. We all walked to the bus stop together. Donovan is 9 and so sweet to the boys. Hannah is 6 and I think she is Max's girlfriend! I LOVE the picture of them holding hands on the way to the bus stop!

By the way, Nolen hopped right on the bus on his first day of school. He is so big! I wasn't sad to send him to Kindergarten but two weeks into it I realized that he is gone a lot! And when he does come home, he is playing with his brother or his friends and I am cooking dinner! I miss my kid! Everyone keeps asking me if Max is going to start preschool. We will get him into something this year, but I'm not in any hurry. I had to let go of one of my babies. I'm hanging onto Max for as long as I can. Sorry Bud!

On the third day of school I was the lead car in a four car pile up while I was driving Nolen to the bus stop. Everyone complains about this intersection in front of our neighborhood. Now I see why. Luckily, I was the lead car just got a dinged up bumper. It was inconvenient but not a big deal.

Max had had about enough of all of this moving around, packing up, unpacking junk. He acted like he was going to fall asleep in the lobby of the Super 8 while I was checking out. Poor kid.

After a rough week of hotel living, Edward and I still love each other. Yeah!!! What a relief to be in our house!

I took the boys to a random playground in housing at the Navy Base and I had to take a picture of the funny 4-way see-saw! Its exactly the same as the ones that are all over at Fort Rucker except that it has fresh paint! haha

We closed on the house on Monday August 26. Hooray! After we closed, we went to dinner with the Curley's. I think its a real sign of how life is going to be here versus how life was in Enterprise. Here, we closed and went to dinner with the Curley's. In Enterprise, we closed and went and ate a $5 pizza from Little Caesar's on the floor in our new house. I feel like I already know more people here than I did in E'prise. Maybe its not true, but we have met a lot of people!!!

The last picture cracks me up! I went down to the basement to wake up Grammy and Max for dinner. They were so cute snuggled up together. AND as a bonus, do you see Nolen's Wii remote sticking out of the box? I made a moving box into a little house for him with doors and windows and he was playing Wii from inside the box!

Now that the camera is officially fixed, I'll be posting with pictures again! More later!

1 comment:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Cute Pics! I'm glad Ed was able to retrieve them. He was my hero when he saved mine too! That day at the pool when the boys thought the tiki thing was making the noise was soo funny!