Monday, September 29, 2008

Every morning I wake up early to have coffee and check the blogs before the kiddos wake up and I start running around the house like a crazed housewife. But c'mon girls! I need some updates. I have just moved halfway up the eastern seaboard and I need the scoop from ya'll! Lisa, what is up chica? Katie, you're doing ok and you're carrying a watermelon so you're off the hook. Tara...yours isn't quite a watermelon yet, more like a watermelon seed so no excuses. Now, I know I'm not the best blogger either, but ya'll have forced me into blogging today when I have zero news to share. Sheesh! Oh well, here goes!

First of all, I haven't taken many pics of the kids lately because I keep leaving my memory card plugged into the computer in the basement by accident. It is in my camera now though so maybe we'll do something fun and picture worthy today.

We had a semi-relaxing weekend. Ed was in Huntsville on business last week so I wrangled a babysitter for Friday night after he got back. I think he found it funny that it took me two years to get a babysitter for us in AL and just one month here in MD. She is a sweet girl who lives next door and we're friends with her mom. We just ran down the road to the BWB (local little bar with excellent wings, pool tables, jukebox, Keno which is big here). We had a great time. I think we have gone there every weekend for the past 3 weeks. Its a good time.

The boys are good. Nolen is enjoying school even if he says he isn't. Yesterday he read a book to his whole class...a Curious George phonics book. On Friday I am going in to be the "mystery reader". I'm not sure yet what that entails! Still haven't found a school for Max but I haven't been trying very hard either. I was super excited to find out that the Methodist Church (which is close enough for me to walk to) has an awesome preschool and Kindergarten but they are full! Bummer dude.

I'm enjoying the house but it is still keeping me busy. Lisa, I don't know how you get yours done so fast every time! I'm too much of a waffler for that! I'm jumped the gun painting a few rooms last week and yesterday Ed was hanging a curtain rod in our bedroom and he asked me when we are going to paint that room! Ha! Sweet...I'll put it on the list! Its a lot of work but this house was really due for some new paint! Every evening a few of the neighbors congregate outside. I love it - reminds me of living on post. The kids play (although Logan keeps hitting the boys, but he's 3. He's not hurting them, just making them mad and rightfully so.), we let our dogs run around (no complaints yet) and the grown ups chit chat. Its a lot of fun.

Other news...I was monitored for Jazzercise last week. I was warned that the girl doing the monitor is tough and has been known to be unreasonable so after some good preparation for class, I made sure not to stress about the actual teaching of the class. It went really well! It was one of the most fun classes I have ever taught. Tara (a very loud, funny girl) was in my class and didn't know I was being monitored. She was hilarious! There is a new song where we keep doing 8 abductions and 8 knee lifts over and over but for some reason, if I don't count every single set, I completely lose it. Well, my whole class knows this and its almost a joke. Tara counted EVERY single set at a volume that topped my mic! I was nearly laughing! And she had everyone else in the class pumped up too! It was so much fun! BTW - 11 girls in class that day! Yay!

Well, girls, I guess that's about all for now. I'm off to visit barewalls.com and fathead.com to look for some decor! Have great days and blog darn it!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have a couple new posts planned for this week. I think I'm back on the picture taking wagon. Part of the problem is that I am addicted to Facebook now and am busy stalking everyone I went to high school with. You should try it.
P.S. They say the watermelon weighs 8 14 already.

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

I think my hiatis is finally over too! It sounds like you guys are enjoying Maryland. Sounds like you have a great neighborhood too. Glad to hear that someone else has taken over the "bully" role!!! :)

I am jealous that you found a babysitter already though- Toby and I desperately need a night out! How bout you find us a babysitter and I'll help you finish the decorating!