Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random Thoughts...

  • I will mess the smell of roasting peanuts.
  • The crickets here are crazy...they chirp ALL DAY LONG!
  • I have met a TON of people...(Jazzer girls) Jody, Starla, Cathy, Lenea, Patrice, LeeAnn, Cindy, Cindy, Shannon, Samantha, Mary, Terry, Debbie, Karen and probably some other people whose names I can't remember, (neighbors) Pam and Jeff, Netta, Russ and Stephanie, Tina and Dave, Beth and Joe, Laura and Jeff... all that and I feel like I don't even leave the house!
  • Every night after dinner the kids go outside and play with Sarah, Katie and Logan. Last night I was able to sit on the deck and have a quiet moment while they played. I could get used to that!
  • Jody is another instructor at Jazzercise. She reminds me so much of Carolyn Brewster from Alaska that it drives me NUTS! Its like being with Carolyn!
  • The kids need to wake up, its time to get going. ooh - great timing, I hear someone coming down the stairs.
  • Last night Max told me that Jasmine smells stinky. He said she smells like rotten garbage. I'm not sure why he said that.

And an update...
I feel like its taking us forever to get unpacked this time. We've been in the house for exactly two weeks and I still have a pile of boxes in the basement, another pile in the guest room and a garage that could scare Frankenstein! I also want to paint most of the rooms in the house so it doesn't look like I'll be finished anytime soon! haha! One reason its taking so long is that I am committed to unpacking and organizing or getting rid of EVERYTHING! No more boxes in the corner of the guest room! Oh, who I am I kidding, it wasn't a guest room...it was a box storage room with a queen size bed in the corner.

This weekend we went on a total shopping spree at Ikea! It was SO fun! If you know us at all, then you know we have been thrifty in the furniture department for some time now. I think we have earned a new set of furniture! I had recovered Ed's old couch last September. So, that project bought the couch another year of life, but alas, its time with our family has come to an END! We spoiled ourselves with a new sleeper sofa for the living room (Ektorp in black floral), a beige L shaped sleeper sofa and ottoman in the basement (also Ektorp), two red Tullsta chairs in the living room, new bedside tables in our bedroom, and a new dresser for the boys' room (red, Hemmes 3 drawer chest). I LOVE IT! The boys' dresser might be my favorite piece...it looks like it could be from Pottery Barn but it cost $200!!! Although, the couches are pretty sweet too! The kids and the animals have some new rules to get used to! The couch no longer doubles as a jungle gym!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the new furniture. I am jealous. And also of the jazzercise.

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Those are peep toads!!!!!!! :)

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Looks like I'm not the only one who got some new furniture! And I only got a dining room set. Ok, and a washer and a dryer!