Saturday, September 20, 2008

Countin' Fair Day!!!

The County Fair has come to town! To celebrate, Nolen had the day off from school and we made a family pilgramage down the road to the fairgrounds! In November, I took the boys to the National Peanut Festival in Dothan and they had a ball! We rode an awesome farris wheel, ate fair food and saw some animals, so the boys were really excited about the fair this year - and so was I. Well, unfortunately, I've found one category where Alabama has Maryland beat! The Fair. I was so ready to be impressed by a quality production, however, even the pig races were disappointing. The fair rides (which I'm never a huge fan of anyway) were the most disappointing. The faris wheel was half the size of the one we rode last year, and it cost $5 per person to ride it! No thanks. We ended up not riding anything - and I have to say that I have two amazing boys! They were disappointed but they weren't upset and there were no signs of tears or fits! I love those kids! A little cotton candy and another look at the animals suited them just fine.

Max and Daddy watching the 4-H cows being judged.

Look Ma! A chicken!

My cute boys!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

Well, it is the NATIONAL Peanut Festival. You can hardly compare that to a county fair. It wouldn't be fair. haha I crack myself up.

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Awww...cracking on the Nat'l Peanut Festival!!! ;-) Well be there again this year for the greased pigs...it just won't be the same without you guys next to us with your nasty boiled peanuts! ;-)

The Smith Boys said...

Awww c'mon! You can't go to the NATIONAL Peanut Festival without eating boiled peanuts! Maybe you need to give them another chance! :-) And, I would never crack on the NPF. Get it? Crack on the peanut festival! haha!