Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mini Camp Family Reunion

We had an impromptu reunion on Monday. Dad's cousin Linda and her family are down here on vacation from Alberta, Canada and it worked out for us all to get together for lunch on Monday. We had a wonderful impromptu BBQ and I think everyone really enjoyed it. The weather was awesome and it was so nice to hang out in our backyard even if it is half dirt!

It was fun to hear about the small town they live in and to see pictures of them ice fishing and moose hunting...hmmm...sounds familiar doesn't it? I won't go so far as to say that it made me MISS Alaska but it made me "reflect fondly on the uniqueness of living in such a beautiful place." They were all very sweet and I think they really enjoyed the fresh strawberries we bought that morning at Country Best Farm. I remember how much I appreciated good, fresh fruit when we lived in Fairbanks and I think they felt the same way.

From left to right...Christine (Linda's daughter in law), John (Linda's son, my second cousin and Christine's husband), Linda, Will (Linda's husband).

Linda and her son Dave. His wife was here too.
Posted by Picasa
Dad and Linda

No comments: