Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Genius Moment #42

If you know me at all, then you know that I have a terrible habit of bragging about my kids. Its not my fault, honest...they're just so darned cute and smart and awesome. Its really THEIR fault. Genius Moment number 42 would have to be that Nolen read his SECOND book to his class at preschool this week. He read "Hot Dog". He sat up in the teacher's rocking chair and read it to his class and they all clapped afterward. I guess he liked it because he wants to read the same book to them again. I told him we need to practice his next book so he can take that one to school.

And Genius Moment number 43 cracks me up! Nana (that's my mom) sent each boy at $10 Target gift card for Easter. Today we went to Target and for the first time, I really let the boys pick out their own toys. Nolen chose a Super Soaker but after that, found a bowling set that he couldn't resist. I personally think the Super Soaker was cooler. Max chose a big box of sidewalk chalk. You can probably tell already that I was stearing the kids down the outdoors aisles instead of regular toy aisles. Anyway, I wanted Nolen to choose the Super Soaker, so I told the kids that they had a choice. They could choose to put their money together and choose bowling for $12 or they could choose the Super Soaker for $10 and the chalk for $6. Nolen looked at me and asked, "How much is 12 + 6?" Or, how much does the bowling plus the chalk cost? He TOTALLY CAUGHT ME! So I said, well, you tell me. Sure enough he counted on his fingers and was thrilled to find that the answer was 18. "Mom, its $18! And Max and I have $20! That means we can choose the bowling set AND the chalk!!!" The boys were thrilled with themselves and so was I. I certainly couldn't say no after that!

Genius Moment number 43.5 ...Nolen is awesome at Super Mario Galaxy. Tonight he was telling Ed where to find the purple coins etc. How do boys remember that stuff? Its crazy.

1 comment:

briy said...

that's adorable! I miss my nephews sooooo much.

And you're pretty great yourself, sis. :)