Friday, July 25, 2008

The Camp Sisters

My sister Brittany (maybe that's why I'm partial to Brittney Spears, even if she's a crazy mess) has been in Korea for the past year! She is home for a month before she goes back for her last 6 months. She is teaching English on a Fulbright Grant in a small town called Naju. She is super cool, much cooler than me, and an absolute genius! She has yet to take a class that was challenging enough for her not to ace it! That's right. My sister has
NEVER GOTTEN A B IN HER LIFE!
AND she's hysterically funny, sweet with the boys, and looking hot in her new wardrobe!

Teenagers around here joke that we are from "Cape Coma" or "Fort Misery" because we were always bored. In retrospect (and watching my 16 year old step sister, Jess) I think we were all just spoiled! We lived in FLORIDA for crying out loud! Oh, you want to go to the beach in February? Go for it! You want to eat at a restaurant? OK, which one of the 6,000 eating establishments would suit your fancy? Shopping? Pick your poison...Coconut Point, Edison Mall, Coastland Center, Tanger Outlets, Prime Outlets, Bell Tower Shops...)which reminds me, I want to go shopping one more time before I go home!) You like alligators? No problemo! The Everglades are just a short trip South on I-75. OK, well maybe that last one is a stretch, but after living in Fairbanks, AK and Enterprise, AL, good ol' Southwest Florida isn't looking too bad! In fact, I would say this town is a little TOO busy for my tastes these days! Maybe I'll reconsider when I'm 65! Haha!

But I digress. Brittany informed me that Applebees hosts, Applebees After Dark on Thursday nights, complete with karaoke! SWEET! I loves me some karaoke! So, after our trip to Chuck E. Cheese's on Thursday, we came home, got all dolled up, and met her friend Carrie at our Neighborhood Grill and Bar. It was fun to go out with my little sis and the entertainment was mostly good. I did feel sorry for some of those folks up there and no we didn't sing.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

briy said...

Aww! I didn't see this entry yet somehow. Thanks for all the mad props. I'm not quite as cool as you made me sound. And Applebee's After Dark isn't nearly as cool as you made IT sound either. :)

I love you, sister. These pics are really pretty. I love the one of us in the kitchen.

But where's the special bathroom picture? I mean, if DAD saw it, surely everyone else can too?