Thursday, July 10, 2008

Its All About the Kids These Days...

Yesterday was my birthday, and as usual, I was a total pain! haha! The girls had been planning on meeting at a restaurant for lunch but when I started thinking about 7 women and 8 kids crowded around a table, it didn't sound like my idea of fun. So, I called everyone and asked them to come over to my house for lunch instead. That way, the kids could play and we girls could do what we do second best - EAT. The thing we are best at is Jazzercising! I ran around Wednesday morning getting chips, cupcakes, sandwiches and paper plates, picked up the house (a little) and waited for the fun! I love having my girls over! Thank you all so much for coming! I had an awesome birthday - and I have to say, I was afraid it was going to be a sad one with Ed gone and all. Nothing makes me feel so good as having great friends!
After lunch, we set up the pool and the slip n slide in the backyard. It was a little messy thanks to all the of the dirt in the backyard, but it was MUCH cooler in the shade than it would have been in the front yard at that time of day. It was actually pretty nice outside - and that is saying a lot for July!

From right to left...Austin, Max, Jackson, Ashlyn is behind Jackson, Kamryn and Abby is leaning over the edge. At one point I think we also had Madison and Nolen in there too. It was a tight fit but the kids didn't seem to mind too much. Although poor Abby went all the way under the water and had to get fished out!



Abby, Ashlyn and Madison put on a beautiful concert for us!

All of the girls playing in the boys' room! Uh-oh, they're taking over already! Watch out Max and Nolen, girls will SAY they're just putting your stuff away, but they will actually hide it. Next thing you know, you're asking, "Hey, Ellie, have you seen my lightsaver?" And she'll say, "You have a lightsaver? Nope. I've never seen it." Half an hour later, she'll find it in a new bin she bought to help you "organize" your stuff. Oops!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! We had a blast! Abby loves acting like she's one of the big kids...and the fact that you had a pool, a Slip-n-Slide, toys, trucks, balloons and chips was just icing on the cupcake - so to speak! ;-) Thanks for letting us bombard your house on your birthday! ;-)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! Looks like you had a day to remember, that's for sure. Glad to hear you had a good day.
Amy