Friday, May 23, 2008

Peachy Keen

Nothing much is new in the Smith Family this week. We've been hanging out at home (saving gas) and doing a lot of house hunting online. Edward is leaving tomorrow to do some house hunting in person in Maryland. Wish him luck!

It is certainly summer here. We met Katie and Ellie at the park at 2pm yesterday...sort of a mistake. It was 86 degrees but it felt hotter. I guess I'm just not used to it yet. We walked down to the lake to feed the ducks. I was standing about 50 feet away from them chatting with Katie and I remember saying, "I should keep a closer eye on Max, he has a history of falling into lakes (Lake Eola in Orlando, a slough at Creamer's Field in AK) ." Sure enough, Max went in. He got back out before I even saw him but he had lake crud up to his waist. Haha! I had to laugh! Its so funny to me that only Max (knock on wood) falls into lakes. Nolen is much more cautious, but Max lives on the wild side! He was wet and dirty so that was pretty much the end of our trip to the park. I took off his shoes and socks and carried him all the way back to the van.

I would say one of the highlights of this week was going to a new fabric store in Ozark. Its actually a corner of her husband's hardware store where she sells fabric, patterns and notions. She was really sweet and I bought an Amy Butler pattern and some Amy Butler fabric. I'll post the finished product soon!

While I was working on my new project at the kitchen table, I kept smelling the bowl of peaches I had put out. Peaches are IN! I'm so happy! I think they might be my favorite fruit! They have to be just right though and these are! We went and bought a bucket of them from the farm up the road. They are like fuzzy balls of heaven! hehe.

And the last little bit I wanted to post...we have more surprises blooming in our yard. Since we have moved in we've had winter sunflowers, spider lilies, daffodils, grape hyacinth, azaleas, two kinds of jasmine, roses, crocuses, blackberries (just a few), and a big red flower that I don't even remember the name of right now!

But this week we've added hydrangeas, day lilies, and gardenias which was my favorite flower when I was little. We always had a gardenia bush in our yard and it would bloom the sweetest smelling big white flowers. The bush we have in our back yard is a little different from that one. Its taller and less dense but still so fun to see gardenias appear right before our eyes! We will certainly miss this yard when we leave...but I won't miss the water oaks and their leaves in fall and winter! Sheesh!

Swimming pools in the front yard, hydrangeas and peaches...summer has arrived...I just hope we can stay cool without unintentionally jumping into any more lakes!

1 comment:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Oh my gosh. The first time I read this, the blog disappeared after the line "...we have more surprises". So, I had to reboot and get back on. Long story short, I thought you were going to say that you too were PG. I was about to say - that's it: what the heck is in the water at FUMC gym? Ha ha! I don't care for peaches but that was the kind of ice cream for Eric's birthday party tonight. You couldn't really taste the peaches so I enjoyed it. Have a great weekend....B

Blog Archive