Monday, May 26, 2008

Playing at the Lake

All packed up and ready to go! We have food, fishing poles, life jackets, floaties, the boys' puppies, and sandals! No tennis shoes allowed!

The first time the boys got in the water it was a little hairy but they got the hang of it pretty quickly. This was their first time really swimming this summer. I missed getting a picture of both of them in the water...I was afraid to turn my back on them. (I am too easily distracted.) On day one, I stayed in the water with them the whole time but on day two I was able to sit on the dock while they swam. Jasmine spent a lot of time in the water too (Also missed that picture). She was hilarious - she really does love to swim!

Both boys fishing. They didn't have hooks, just these rubber weights to make the lines heavy enough to cast easily. Nolen has the hang of it, but Max just drops it in over the water. They both kept really them in and saying they had caught Nemo, Dory or Marlin.

Funny story about hooks though. I bought worms with the intention of baiting hooks. I don't have a fishing license though and the more I thought about it, I don't even know if I have the guts to take a fish off of a hook if I DID catch one! I haven't ever done it! Also...I only actually baited one hook because as soon as I threw it out, Jasmine quickly went after the bobber thinking that I had thrown a ball for her! She had that thing in her mouth so fast! Luckily the hook was another 2 feet down the line and she didn't get hurt. That's all I need, two kids, a lake and a bleeding dog!

The aftermath...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it but it is probably a good thing... Ashlyn was not feeling good this weekend and was very, very crabby!!! Did I mention that she was crabby?!

Blog Archive