Sunday, May 18, 2008

Top Ten News Items that Haven't Been Blogged Yet

  1. I've started working on the chair again.
  2. I sewed an adorable girl's outfit last week.

  3. Nolen has opened all the races on Mario Kart...and I have started limiting his time on the Wii (finally).
  4. Edward gave me a SWEET camera for Mother's Day! I love it!
  5. The baby bird didn't make it. Later that day, he jumped out of his nest but we don't know why. :-(
  6. Edward has finished both of his spring classes at UA! Hooray!
  7. My permanent retainer that I've had for 15 years fell out on Saturday night! I'm kind of glad because I've wanted to get rid of it but dentists won't take it out...they always say, "Your teeth will move." But we had steak for dinner and so I was flossing my teeth afterwards - even under my retainer and it popped out of one side! I went to Edward and he pulled it right out! Now the backs of my teeth feel gross because there is still glue there that I can't get off!
  8. Edward found out on Friday that his separation date from the Army will be August 13th! That is good news...especially when you read number 9.*
  9. Edward accepted a job at J.F. Taylor in Maryland! The company works on the new Chinook simulator. Ed hopes to use his knowledge of programming in conjunction with his knowledge of Army Aviation to help improve Army aircraft simulation.
  10. And...since Edward accepted a job in Maryland, we'll be moving to Maryland some time in July! I think we're both nervous and excited! Its a great opportunity for him to be offered this job and the area looks beautiful. I've come to love Alabama but its time to move on again. And I think Maryland will make a better travel destination for friends and family to come visit! It might be further but I think it will be more exciting! hehe
* If it wasn't for #9, #8 would be making us really nervous right about now. I'm really proud of Edward. He worked his butt off to find a job and I think it has paid off!

5 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Oh my!!!! I miss a couple of days Jazzing and you up and move on me!!!!!! ;-( You are definitely going to be missed! I can't believe you're going in July...that's only DAYS away - definitely not long enough for us to plan a big god bye shindig but I'm sure we will come up with something! ;-) Seriously, you really will be missed....I hope you guys love Maryland. What fun! Enjoy! Love, Barbara

Katie said...

That little outfir is so cute! And congrats to Ed about classes being over and the job, but BooHoo for us. I will be so sad to see ya'll go.

Gail said...

Melissa,

I love all the photos on your blog. Yes, you will be GREATLY missed!!! :o(

Barbara, I would like to give a bon voyage parte' at my house...Let's plan one

Blake said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to come see you all in Maryland!
I love the little girl's outfit!! Too cute. Wish you were moving to Kansas so we could sew together!
Tara

The Allan Family said...

Wow. I need to call you and see whats going on! I love that you sew cloths!! I remember when you thought I was funny for doing it:) I miss you huys so much!

Blog Archive